From Automotive Wiki from mr-fix
How to change current coding
Before you start
- Make sure that you have installed NCS-Expert and your SP-DATEN is up to date.
- Make sure that both cars and notebooks battery are full.
Connect with the car
- Connect to your OBD port.
- Run NCS-Expert.
- Load profile with expert write mode.
- Go to F1 (VIN/ZCS/FA) - this reads VIN from your car.
- Go to F3 (ZCS/FA) - this reads the Vehicle Order information.
- Select chassis according to your car.
- Select module and wait - at this point you can select any module available on the list. This is necessary only to establish connection with your car.
- Press F6 (back)
Read current coding
- Press F4 (process ECU)
- Select module that you want to recode ()
- Press F4 (read ECU) - your current coding is stored on your computer in FSW_PSW.TRC file.
- Backup the .TRC file - if something goes wrong it will be needed to restore previous coding.
- Copy the .TRC file again and save with .MAN extension.
- Open the .MAN file with text editor.
- Find option that you want to recode and change assigned value.
- Save changes and close the .MAN file.
Write new coding
- Press F2 (change job).
- Select SG_CODIEREN.
- Press F3 (execute job) and wait.